Reserving Space and Facility Rental
Rentable Meeting Rooms
The Allen Public Library has two rooms available to rent by Allen community groups, Allen residents and local educational and non-profit organizations. Library and City-sponsored meetings take priority.
To check on room availability, please contact Amber McPherson at 214.509.4902.
- Seats up to 40 people without tables and up to 25 with tables
- $25 per hour (or portion of an hour), with a two-hour minimum ($50 minimum)
- $50 refundable security deposit* if no food is served, or $100 if food is served
- Seats 10 people at a conference table
- $15 per hour (or portion of an hour), with a two-hour minimum ($30 minimum)
- $50 refundable security deposit*, no food allowed in the Board Room
*Security Deposit is refunded if room has not been damaged or no additional cleaning is needed.
- Renter is responsible for set-up and clean-up. Please include adequate time in your reservation for both.
- Renter must vacate the room and Library by closing time.
- Rooms are not available to rent on a daily or weekly basis.
- All programs/training must be free to the public.
- Political, social/celebratory and commercial sales meetings are not permitted.
- Food is allowed in the Meeting Room (with $100 deposit); bottled water only in the Board Room. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Rooms are booked through Amber McPherson, Senior Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org, available for booking appointments Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Rooms must be booked at least five days in advance.
- Cancellation notices must be given via e-mail to Amber McPherson at least 24 hours in advance.
- Applicants must complete a Meeting/Board Room Application and pay applicable fees in advance to secure the room rental with cash or check only (checks made out to: Allen Public Library). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Both rooms offer free Wi-Fi and dry erase boards with markers
- Meeting Room offers the following equipment
- *Projector on cart with VGA input and VGA-to-HDMI adapter (must be checked out with an Allen Public Library Card)
- Drop-down screen
- 10 tables
- 40 chairs (25 if tables are used)
- Board Room has a Plasma screen that can be used with renter-supplied laptop
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Payment accepted by Cash or Check payable to:
|Allen Public Library|
300 North Allen Drive
Allen, Tx 75013
Seats 287 and features a stage with various curtain backdrops, professional audio/visual equipment and theatrical lighting. For a complete list of available features, see our brochure.
|Business Type|| Weekday Rental Rate: Monday - Thursday
(3 Hour Minimum)
| Weekend Rental Rate: Friday - Sunday
(3 Hour Minimum)
|$120 per hour||$150 per hour||$500|
|Commercial||$140 per hour||$180 per hour||$500|
Liability Insurance also required. Total rental costs will depend on your specific requirements.
For information on renting the Civic Auditorium, please contact Amber McPherson at 214.509.4902.
Group Study Rooms
The library has four group study rooms that are available for use free of charge. Study Room usage is intended for study, reading, tutoring or related activities that will not disturb others. Study rooms are reserved for those 16 years of age or older.
***Starting January 1, 2020, we will check out a room key to your Library account. We will no longer keep your library card or driver license while you are in the room. If you do not return the key, there will be a *$25 replacement block on your account until your return it. *If you ignore overdue notices, your account will be sent to Collections.***
Contact the Reference Desk during open hours at 214.509.4905 for more information or to reserve a group study room.
- Reservations are accepted up to one day in advance.
- Time limit on rooms is three hours. This is the maximum allowed per person or group per day.
- Must have an Allen Public Library card
- The owner of the Library card must be 16 or older and must remain in the study room for the duration of the reservation.
- Reservations are made in half hour increments. Start and end time of the reservation must be on the hour or half hour.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes. If the reservation holder has not claimed the room by 15 minutes after the original reservation time, the reservation will be cancelled and the room made available to others.