Teen Anime Con
Registration for Teen Anime Con 2018 is closed
. Because of the special nature of this event, teens that snag a spot will be required to bring in a Parental Consent Form on the day of the Con. Join us for our 5th Annual after hours Con! It's fun and it's free! This year we are expanding our Con to include not just anime, but comics, movies, TV, and other fandoms!
At the Con
- Enjoy a keynote panel of cosplayers
- Join the cosplay contest
- Get swag and buttons
- Bring $$$ for Boba and Snacks at the cafe
- Enjoy crafts and trivia
- Play fandom themed games
- Win awesome prizes
- Participate in a drawing workshop with artist, Kristen McGuire
(special registration required)
closed on June 25, 2018 at 10 a.m. Due to space limitations, there are only 150 spots available. If you've snagged a spot, don't forget to download the , and turn it in at the Con. You must bring this form with you to Anime Con in order to participate!
Bringing in a consent form does not guarantee you a spot. You must register online starting May 21. You do not have to be an Allen resident or library card holder to register, but you must be 12 - 18 years old.
Keynote Cosplay Panel
Join us as we welcome a panel of amazing cosplayers to our Anime Con this year! Check out each talented guest in the slide show below.
Drawing Lessons and Q&A with Kristen McGuire
Artist, script writer, and voice actor Kristen McGuire is here! She will be hosting two drawing workshops for Con participants. Space is limited in these workshops and require sign-ups during pre-registration. Spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Participants will receive an email confirming their spot.
Kristen will also be participating in an informal Q&A during the Con. This will be open to all attendees! Along with being an artist, Kristen has voiced characters such as Loop Nishigori in Yuri!!! On ICE, Hinano Kurahashi in Assassination Classroom, and Young Nora in RWBY. Come with questions for Kristen about art and working for FUNimation!
Attending the Con
Our rules and expectations are outlined in our Parental Consent Form, but basically we ask that all teens respect the presenters, volunteers, staff, and other attendees. Any teens acting disrespectfully or breaking rules will be sent home.
We close and lock the Library doors at 7 p.m. We will not open them for latecomers. If you leave the Library building after the Con starts, you cannot come back into the building. This is for the safety of the other attendees.
- Real weapons are NOT allowed.
- Fake weapons MUST be sheathed.
- Costumes MUST be PG and family-friendly.
(If you can’t wear it to your grandmother’s, you can’t wear it here).
- Use of liquids, messy substances, or overly large prop pieces are not allowed.
- Anyone not adhering to these rules may be asked by a staff person to change into appropriate clothing or to leave the library premises.
- If you have questions, feel free to ask! Call us at 214.509.4906.
Judging and Awards:
- Costumes will be judged by your fellow con attendees based on originality, creativity, and costume detail.
- All participants will receive a designated number that must be attached and easily visible by attendees.
- The number will be assigned when you register at the Con.
- Attendees will be given a form to vote for their favorite cosplayers.
- Winners will be announced at the end of the Con.
- Winners must be present and in costume to be eligible for a prize. Each winner must come onstage to show off their awesome costume!
Prizes and Swag!
We will be giving away all prizes and swag at the end of the Con. All teens who attend the final session will be entered into door prize drawings! Participants must be present to win and are only eligible to win one prize.
Cons are fun places where your teens get to talk and obsess over something they love! Because of the special nature of this Con, the library will not be open to the public or to parents. The summer Anime Con is for teens ages 12 - 18 only, and we are firm on the age.
The glass Gallery will be open to waiting parents starting at 10:15 p.m. We ask that parents stay in the Gallery and not interrupt the final part of the program in the Auditorium. Parents are required to pick their teen up at the library NO LATER than 10:45 p.m. All other rules and requirements for Teen Anime Con are outlined in the required .