The high quality of life offered plus a convenient location in the DFW metroplex continues to earn Allen high praise and national “Best of” rankings from The Dallas Morning News, Family Circle, D Magazine, WalletHub, Niche, SafeWise, Forbes and Money Magazine.
Explore the links below to see why over 94,000 residents call Allen home!
MONEY Best Places to Live
(October 2017) Allen was ranked the #2 "Best Place to Live" in MONEY's prestigious annual list.
Allen Parks and Recreation Dept Wins Gold
(October 2016) The National Recreation and Park Associated awarded Allen with the prestigious National Gold Medal for Excellence in the field of Park and Recreation Management.
Allen 2nd Best Neighborhood in DFW
(October 2016) The Dallas Morning News has ranked Allen as the #2 neighborhood in North Texas.
KAB Governor's Community Achievement Award
Allen was honored for the second time with the Governor’s Community Achievement Award from Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB). It is one of the most prestigious environmental awards in Texas.
Allen Is the 4th Best Texas City for Families
With high scores in the areas of family life and fun, education, health and safety, affordability, and socioeconomic environment, Allen ranked #4 in the state.
Allen One of 10 Best Towns for Families
(June 2013) Allen included in 10 Best Towns for Families based on affordable housing options, green public spaces, strong school systems and vibrant neighborhoods.
Allen Makes List of Top 10 DFW Suburbs
(June 2014) D Magazine ranked over 60 suburbs and Allen came in #10 for safety, education, housing values and ambiance.
Allen Included in 50 Safest Cities in Texas
(May 2015) Safewise noted an "impressive" lack of property and violent crimes based on Allen's size.
Allen Ranked #2 for Young Families
(December 2014) Allen ranked #2 in the nation and #1 in Texas based on safety, housing cost, school quality and child friendliness.
Allen 3rd Best in Texas for Young Families
(October 2014) Nerd Wallet names Allen 3rd Best Place in Texas for schools, home affordability, growth and prosperity.
Allen is #2 in MONEY's annual list of America's best towns!
MONEY's annual ranking of America's best towns has placed Allen at #2! Allen is the only Texas city represented in MONEY's "Best Places to Live 2017" top 10 list, which evaluated 2,400 places on eight categories: cost of living, economy, education, housing, crime, convenience, cultural and recreational amenities, and an overall sense of pleasantness. Read the full report.
Check out who thinks we are tops in places to live!
- MONEY's #2 Best Place to Launch a Career (March 2018)
- CNBC Make It Best Suburbs in America (February 2018)
- AreaVibes #1 Best Place to Live in America (November 2017)
- MONEY's #1 Best Place to Live in the South (November 2017)
- 2017 Digital Cities Survey Winner (November 2017)
- TOMA Award for Best Creative Project: Cottonwood Creek Trail Bridge (February 2017)
- 5 Friendly Cities for Young Families (January 2017)
- NRPA Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management (October 2016)
- WalletHub Allen Is the 4th Best Texas City for Families (July 2016)
- Governor’s Community Achievement Award (June 2016)
- Niche 2016 Best Places to Live in Texas (June 2016)
- ApartmentList.com Best Cities for Young Families (February 2016)
- ApartmentList.com Best Cities for Young Families (December 2014)
- Nerd Wallet Best Places for Young Families (October 2014)
- D Magazine Best Suburbs (June 2014)
- Family Circle 10 Best Towns for Families (June 2013)
- Money Magazine Best Places to Live (August 2012)
- Forbes.com Best Places to Move (July 2009)
Allen's Housing Market Remains Strong
- WalletHub 2018 Best Cities for First-Time Home Buyers (July 2018)
- WalletHub 2017's Best Real Estate Markets (August 2017)
- GoodCall Best Places to Buy a Forever Home (January 2017)
- WalletHub Best Cities for First-Time Home Buyers (July 2016)
- SmartAsset 2016's Healthiest Housing Markets (March 2016)
- WalletHub 2015's Healthiest Housing Markets (August 2015)
- WalletHub Best Cities for First-Time Home Buyers (July 2015)
- WalletHub Best Cities for First-Time Home Buyers (June 2014)