- Adults 50+
- A 20% discount on residential trash service is available to customers ages 65+
- Collin Central Appraisal District offers exemptions to lower property taxes for homeowners, including those ages 65+
- Allen Animal Shelter offers discounted pet registration for adults 55+ and waives pet surrender fees for ages 65+
Parks and Recreation
- Join Allen Senior Recreation Center and avoid crowded gyms by utilizing our fully-furnished fitness room. Membership costs just $5 per year for Allen residents ages 50+. Don't feel like cooking? The center even serves lunch daily!
- Centerlink Newsletter provides a guide to free and low-cost programs, trips, special events, classes and activities offered by Allen Parks and Recreation for Allen residents ages 50+
- Browse activities from Tai Chi to water aerobics to one-on-one personal training. These affordable classes are offered at Don Rodenbaugh Natorium, Joe Farmer Recreation Center and other Parks and Recreation facilities.
Allen Public Library
- Find hundreds of large-print books at Allen Public Library, in addition to a large collection of audio books and e-books
- On Stage @ APL offers concerts, guest speakers, movies and other free cultural programming
- Adult programs at Allen Public Library include book clubs, craft parties and hands-on learning opportunities
Serve, Lead and Volunteer
- City boards, commissions and committees advise the City Council on issues ranging from zoning to parks development to animal adoption initiatives. All qualified voters who have lived in Allen at least one year may apply.
- City-affiliated organizations make a lasting mark in Allen by supporting public safety, cultural programming, environmental initiatives and other efforts
- Allen Senior Recreation Center volunteers can help with special events, perform office tasks and even serve as a class instructor
Lawn and Garden
- Collin County Rides offers a taxi subsidy for adults 65+ and those with disabilities living in Allen, Wylie and Fairview
- Project H.O.M.E. is a database designed to help first responders identify adults or children who are unable to communicate basic information due to dementia, Alzheimer's, autism or other cognitive impairments
- Home Repair Assistance Programs help ensure safe and stable housing for income-qualified residents of all ages
- Meals on Wheels serves Collin County by delivering meals to homes and senior centers for adults 60+ and those with disabilities
- Wellness Center for Older Adults assists Collin County residents ages 55+ with health services, durable medical equipment, counseling and social services