Closures, Cancellations and Operational Changes
Many city facilities have closed or modified operations to help contain the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community.
Closed with Modified Operations
- Allen Animal Shelter is closed but appointments can be made for pet adoption by calling 214.509.4378. Video: Adopt by appointment or make a donation
- Allen City Hall rotunda (lobby) area remains open for deliveries; however, all services are being handled by phone, email, online or in-person by appointment (only as necessary). Details.
- Allen Municipal Court is closed and all hearings have been rescheduled through April 16. Video: How to address your citation/case without entering the court facility
- Utility Billing Customer Service windows are closed. Find multiple options for monthly bill payment.
Parks, Playgrounds and Athletic Courts
Playgrounds and athletic courts (including basketball and tennis courts) are closed until further notice. Signs will notify visitors of their closure. Restrooms are also closed and water fountains have been turned off. Parks and trails remain open to the public, though visitors must adhere to all local, state and federal orders by restricting group gatherings and maintaining social distance of six feet or more.
The following facilities are closed until further notice. All activities and programs at these facilities are canceled during this time.
- Allen Community Ice Rink
- Allen Heritage Center (Train Depot)
- Allen Parks and Recreation Administrative Building is closed to the public. All registration, rentals and reservations are temporarily suspended. For information, call 214.509.4700.
- Allen Public Library - Video: Register for an online library card
- Allen Senior Recreation Center
- Allen Service Center and Chemical Reuse Center
- Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium
- Joe Farmer Recreation Center
- The Courses at Watters Creek
- The Edge Visitor Center and Skate Park
Postponed & Canceled Events
No programs, activities or rentals will take place at impacted City facilities during closure periods listed above.
- April 13 - AARP tax preparation appointments at Allen Senior Recreation Center are canceled.
- April 18 - Great American Cleanup is canceled.
- April 18 - DIY Rain Barrel Class is canceled. This class is part of the Sustainable Landscape Series.
- April 22 - "Herb Your Enthusiasm: Herb Gardening" is canceled. This class is part of the Sustainable Landscape Series.
- April 25-26 - Dallas Fuel Classic Weekend Homestand has been canceled by the Overwatch League. Details.
Adult and Youth Athletics
- All Allen Parks and Recreation adult athletics, leagues and tournaments have been postponed until further notice.
- Youth sports leagues organized by Allen Sports Association have been canceled until further notice. Please visit allensports.org for more information
Allen Americans Hockey Games
The ECHL has decided to suspend the remainder of the 2019-2020 season. Details.