Reserve a Study Room
Find a quiet place to study, read or tutor at Allen Public Library. Our four study rooms are free to use for library card holders. Reservations are recommended.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 precautions, study rooms are currently unavailable.
Reserve a Study Room
Study rooms are in high demand. We recommend reserving a room prior to your visit. Reservations may be made up to one day in advance by calling 214.509.4905 during library business hours.
You may use a study room for a maximum of 3 hours per day, whether alone or as part of a group. At least one person in the room must be 16 or older and have a valid Allen Public Library card.
Study room occupancy
Each study room is equipped with a white board. Due to fire code, users must follow these occupancy limits
|Study Room A||2 people|
|Study Room B||4 people|
|Study Room C||6 people|
|Study Room D||4 people|
Using your study room
Visit the library reference desk to receive the key to your study room. The key will be checked out to your library account. If you do not return the key, there will be a $25 fee on your account until you return it. If you ignore overdue notices, your account will be sent to collections.
At the end of your study period, please:
- Clean the whiteboard
- Discard your trash
- Lock and close the study room door
All study room keys must be returned promptly at the end of your reservation time, at least 30 minutes before the library closes.
Study Room Policy
- Time limit: You may use a study room for a maximum of 3 hours per day, whether alone or as part of a group. Due to high demand, 3 hours may be unavailable.
- Reservation times: Rooms may be reserved for 30 minute increments only, for up to 3 hours. Reservations must start on the hour or half-hour.
- Room assignments: We reserve the right to reassign rooms prior to check in, but will not change your reservation time.
- Study room users: At least one person in the study room must be 16 or older and have a valid Allen Public Library card. The study room key is checked out to this person's account.
- Permitted activities: You may use a study room to study, read, tutor or do other activities that will not disturb other patrons or staff. The walls are not soundproof.
- No-shows and cancellations: We allow a 15 minute grace period at the beginning of all reservations. If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reservation, we will cancel the reservation and make the room available to others. The end time of your reservation will not change, regardless of your time of arrival.
- Food and drink: No food is allowed in study rooms. You may have water bottles or other beverages with lids.
- Advertisements: Allen Public Library does not publicly advertise study room activities, such as tutoring services.
- Lost items: If you leave something in a study room, we will take it to the Check Out Desk where it will be kept in our Lost and Found.