Winter Reading Club
Winter Reading Club begins Monday, December 13 through READsquared! Log your minutes read, book titles read, or complete special missions. Make sure to log your activities by Monday, January 10.
December 13: First day of Winter Reading
January 10: Last day to log titles and missions to receive completion credit
January 16: Last day to pick up prizes
How to Participate
- Register online or on the READsquared app, available on App store and Google Play.
- Already have a READsquared account? Log in to your account and register for your age group.
- Youth Winter Reading Club; ages 0-17
- Adult Winter Reading Club; ages 18 and up
- Keep track of your reading and activities through the READsquared app.
- Reach 500 points by January 10 by reading, completing missions, or a combination of reading and missions.
What Counts in READsquared?
Books, eBooks, audiobooks, eAudiobooks, comics, magazines, eMagazines, newspapers, graphic novels, manga, blogs, or anything you can get your hands on to read. You can also count books read to you or that you read to someone else. Visit our Digital Library page for access to our digital content.
Reach 500 Points
Reach 500 points by January 10 to complete Winter Reading Club. Book points will vary by program. Please refer to READsquared for mission details under your specific program.
For the Youth program, each book read and each mission completed is worth 125 points. There are three missions:
- Try an Online Service
- Take a picture of a completed Take & Make kit and share it on social media
- Read a book from one of our digital books lists or visit the Library to check out a book from one of our printed grade-level recommendation lists
For Adults, each book is worth 250 points and completed missions are worth 125 points. There are six missions:
- Share a photo on social media of a completed @Home program (Take & Make or Grab & Go)
- Attend an adult program
- Try a new Library Service
- Read a book from our Winter Reading booklist
- Submit a Next Reads request
- Submit a question to Ask APL
Prizes are available while supplies last.
Get a prize bag based on age group containing goodies and your choice of book from our book cart. Prizes may be picked up from the Children's Desk.
Get a tote bag and a coupon for a cookie from the Food for Thought Market & Café. Adults will also receive a coupon for a free book from the Friends of the Library book sale. Everyone who completes the Adult Winter Reading program will be entered for a chance to win a winter-themed mug and a $25 gift card from Watters Creek shopping center. Prizes may be picked up from the Reference Desk.
Prizes for both age groups must be claimed by Sunday, January 16.
The Friends of the Allen Public Library