Food Pantries and Groceries
- All Community Outreach (ACO): Food pantry and holiday meal program
- Allen Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry: Food pantry
- First Baptist Allen Food Pantry: Food pantry serving Allen residents
- Meals on Wheels of Collin County: Serves elderly residents of Collin County with meals delivered to homes and senior centers
- North Texas Food Bank: Food assistance and mobile food pantry
Shelter and Housing
- All Community Outreach (ACO): Housing, rent and utility assistance for qualifying individuals
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program: Applications updates available on this page.
- Home Repair Assistance Program: Operated by City of Allen to help keep homeowners in safe and stable housing
- Hope's Door: Shelter and counseling center for domestic abuse victims
- Collin CARES Economic Recovery and Assistance Program: This program is closed. If you're an Allen resident in need of rent, mortgage and/or utility assistance and you meet income guidelines, please contact All Community Outreach (ACO) to apply for assistance.
- Atmos Energy: If you need assistance paying your natural gas bill, call the Atmos Energy Customer Contact Center at 888.286.6700 (M-F, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) to discuss your account and explore financial assistance. Installment plans available with no charges or fees. No need to wait for a disconnect notice. Call 888.286.6700 or visit www.atmosenergy.com/accountcenter to set up a plan that meets your needs.
- Collin County Rides: A partner program between City of Allen and DART to provide transportation options for seniors and residents with disabilities through a taxi voucher system
- Job search toolbox: Provided by Allen Public Library
- Employment resources: Provided by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Career preparation and networking resources: Provided by St. Jude Career Alliance
Mental Health Resources
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text TALK to 741741
- LifePath Systems: A community-based, nonprofit organization created specifically to help individuals and their families dealing with mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities and developmental delays
- Harold Murphy Counseling Center: The counseling center is partnering with Texas A&M University-Commerce and McKinney ISD to offer low-cost quality mental health services to Collin County and surrounding areas.
- Collin County Children's Advocacy Center: Investigates, treats and prosecutes child abuse cases. Also provides a safe place for children to tell their stories and begin to heal.
- Legal, health and financial resources: Helpful links compiled by Allen Public Library
- 2-1-1 Texas: Connects Texas citizens with needed services such as food, housing, childcare and crisis counseling. Dial 211, 877.541.7905 or visit 211Texas.org.
- Assistance Center of Collin County: Helps people in need connect with programs to help them. Also administers funds from grants and community donations and works with reduced-cost prescription programs.
- LifePath Systems: A community-based, nonprofit organization created to help individuals and their families dealing with mental illnesses, intellectual disabilities and developmental delays
- Wellness Center for Older Adults: Serves adults age 55 and older and their caregivers in Collin County and surrounding areas. Their work and passion is to assist older adults in healthy and independent living, allowing seniors to age in place gracefully.
- Winter Storm Damage Assistance (Source: Collin County): Storm damage resources from FEMA, Small Business Administration and DisasterAssistance.gov
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Allen Group: Meetings offered at various times, seven days a week. Group meets at 509 S. Greenville Ave. Weekly meeting schedule
- #ShopAllenTX: A campaign created to help boost the reopening efforts of our business community in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. Residents and visitors are encouraged to shop local retailers, dine in local restaurants, and get out and play in Allen’s backyard. Register your business
- Allen Economic Development Corporation: Resources for businesses
- Allen Fairview Chamber of Commerce: A nonprofit association that strives to be an indispensable resource for Allen and Collin County businesses.