The Right-of-Way & Utility Group is responsible for the review, inspection, and permitting for work to be performed within the City of Allen Right-of-Way (ROW) to ensure city utilities are protected.
For Building Permits (fences, patios, etc.), refer to the Building Permits and Inspections Department page.
Before applying for a ROW permit, you may contact Engineering Coordinator Maria Downey at email@example.com or Engineering GIS Technician Seth Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain existing utility information for inclusion in permit application.
Please email completed permit applications to ROWpermits@cityofallen.org.
City utility locate requests can be sent to Locates@cityofallen.org. Privately owned utilities are not located by the City. For franchise locates (electric, gas, and telecom), dial 811.
- Locates are done Monday through Friday
- Call at least 48 hours prior to digging
- Call Texas One Call at (811) to locate gas, electric, telecommunications
- Email Locates@cityofallen.org to schedule locates for city utilities (water, sanitary sewer, storm, signals, street lights)
- Include City of Allen ROW permit number, 811 ticket and location map.
- On private property and will be tying into existing facilities located within a property that has already been accepted by the City of Allen. A permit is required only for the area where the tie-in will occur.
- On private property where there are existing City of Allen utilities or NTMWD utilities located within the property. A permit is required only for the areas where you will be encroaching these utilities.
- Within the City of Allen Right-of-Way
- Within the State Right-of-Way and the City of Allen has existing utilities within that Right-of-Way