The Records Unit provides copies of accident reports and issues solicitor permits. It also administers enrollment for Project H.O.M.E., a voluntary program that helps officers identify special needs children, elderly residents or those with cognitive impairments and reunite them with loved ones.
  1. Request an Accident Report
  2. Open Records Requests
  3. Apply for a Solicitor's Permit
Citizens may request a copy of an accident report by mail or in person at the Allen Police Department Headquarters (205 W. McDermott Drive). No fax, email or phone requests will be taken. In-person requests must be made during regular business hours (see Contact Us information top right).

Report Fee

The cost for an accident report is $6. Payment must be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or money order. Cash payments require exact change. Requests submitted by mail must include a check or money order.

Written Request

A written request may be made by mail. Sender must include the report fee and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Mail requests to:

Allen Police Department
Records Unit
205 W McDermott Drive
Allen, Texas 75013