Residential Solid Waste Collection
Trash pick up is once per week; recyclables are collected every two weeks.
To find your designated trash and recycling collection day, view the Annual Trash & Recycling Guidelines.
- All trash must fit inside the cart with the lid completely closed.
- Any trash left on top of or beside the cart will not be collected.
- Carts may not be serviced if excess trash precludes lifting the cart safely without spillage.
- The front of the cart should face the street with the cart’s handle facing the residence.
- Place cart(s) curbside by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Carts must be two feet from the curb and any obstacle, such as a parked vehicle, gas or electric meters, fences, cable boxes and other carts.
- City ordinance requires trash to be bagged to prevent spilling.
- Carts are the property of Community Waste Disposal. There is a charge of $79.96 per cart for replacements.
- Clearly label carts with your address. This will help identify your cart if it is lost or stolen. If you move to a new address, do not take your trash or recycling carts with you.
- Carts should be stored securely at the original home.
- Carts should be secured during high winds and severe weather.
Para asistencia en español, llame a 972-392-9300 (opción 8).
See Utility Billing for detailed billing information.
The City of Allen offers a one-time service to collect empty flattened and stacked cardboard moving boxes. Call 214.509.4551 before noon on Friday for Saturday pickup. Packing paper may also be placed in a labeled cardboard box and collected at the same time. No bubble wrap or foam allowed.
Empty and flattened cardboard boxes, tied together with biodegradable twine, are also accepted as part of CWD's yard waste pickup program. These boxes will be collected automatically on your weekly trash collection day. Place the boxes at your trash collection point, at least two feet away from carts.