Citizens Fire Academy
Citizens Fire Academy (CFA) is an eight-week program (10 classes) created to give residents an inside look at Allen Fire Department's structure and operations. Participants must be at least age 18 and live or work in Allen. Mandatory background check performed on all applications. Applicants will be notified of their status by March 1.
- Classes take place on 8 consecutive Thursday evenings from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Includes two optional Saturday activities
What you'll experience
- Demonstrations of emergency operations
- Fire and life safety training
- Optional: Ride along with on-duty firefighters on emergency calls
While the CFA program offers in-depth understanding of the department, the program is not to be confused with a fire service training academy for future career firefighters. Incomplete, inaccurate, or unsigned applications, and anyone having charges currently filed against them that are either being tried or are pending in any criminal court will not be considered for enrollment.
Session Day(s) Times Location Age Participants
- No sessions
Session Days and Times Dates Location Instructor Age Participants