June 20, 2021
Allen Community Ice Rink at Allen Event Center
200 E. Stacy Road, #1350
Allen, TX 75002
Stick Time (Parent/Child)
Sunday, June 20, 2021
$10 per hour | Full gear required
- 12U Stick-time: During this stick-time, coaches will be permitted to give lessons to kids 12 and under. In the Open Stick-time area only kids 12 and under will be allowed.
- 13+ Stick-time: during this stick-time coaches will be permitted to give lessons to kids who are 13-18. In the Open Stick-time area only kids 13-18 will be allowed.
- Parent-Child Stick-time: During this stick-time only parents with their children will be permitted on the ice. This stick time does not permit lessons. A child must be skating with their parent in order to be allowed on the ice.
- Adult Only Stick-time: During this stick-time coaches will be permitted to give lessons to adults ages 19 and up. In the Open Stick-time area only those who are 19 and up will be allowed.
- Adult Pick-Up: During pick-up all participants must wear full gear and half shield/full cage. All participants must be 19 and up.
Stick-Time Guidelines for Coaches
- Behavior that endangers or interferes with others’ safety is prohibited, nor should activities interfere with other activities beyond what is reasonably expected in a public Stick Time session.
- Zamboni doors must be closed before guests are permitted on the ice.
- Skaters and coaches are responsible for their own pucks.
- Fully hockey equipment is mandatory including full face shield/cage for all skaters 17 years of age and younger.
- Skaters 18 years of age and older are required to wear full gear and half shield/full cage.
- Scrimmaging must not interfere with others’ session or take up more than 1/3 of the ice and must be in the open area.
- Coaches must be on the approved coaches list prior to being allowed to give private lessons. Contact John McManaman at 972.912.1092 or Cambria Jones at 972.912.1096 for more details.
- Coaches cost $20.
- A maximum of five (5) coaches will be allowed during stick times.
- Coaches may call 48 hours in advance to reserve their spot. Coaches must pay at time of reservation. No refund will be given if you do not show up.
- Coaches are allowed to coach a maximum of 3 participants.
- Hockey goals must be placed in the pre-designated spots based on the number of coaching sections reserved.
- Stick-time is not intended for group lessons or partial/full team practices. This includes practicing breakouts and other offensive and defensive drills.
The manager on duty has full discretion to limit or prohibit any drills, lessons or other activities which he or she deems unsafe or disruptive to other customers.