News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/18/2015 11:24:00 AM to 9/18/2015 3:55:36 PM.

News Flash

Economic Development

Posted on: September 18, 2015

[ARCHIVED] Remodeling Instead of Moving?

If you are planning to remodel your home or improve it with a new deck or fence, be sure to check on what permits are needed and that your using a licensed contractor. The Building Services Division of Community Development oversees permitting and inspection for residential and commercial construction. They also maintain a list of licensed contractors that are registered in the City of Allen.

Permits are required for home alterations and additions and improvements such as decks, fences, pools/spas, foundation repair, water heater replacement, irrigation systems, and roofing. Permit fees vary by type but Allen homeowners investing in a major remodel or addition, receive a 30% discount off the standard residential alteration/addition permit.

Find permit forms and licensed contractors online or call Building Services at 214.509.4130 for information.

See Permit Forms . . .
Facebook Twitter Email