Before the holiday shopping blitz begins, the Allen Police Department wants you to review your safety game plan.
• Park in well-lit areas.
• Walk near the middle of parking aisles, away from vehicles.
• Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle.
• Avoid distractions, such as phone calls or texts.
• Avoid putting bags in your trunk and continuing to shop. If you must do this, buy the most expensive item last.
• Never leave packages, purses, wallets or anything of value inside your vehicle that can be easily spotted from outside.
• Always lock your doors.
• If shopping with small children, choose a meeting place in case you are separated. Teach them to ask mall personnel or retail security for help if they need it.