Many City facilities will close or observe limited hours during the Christmas and New Year holidays. For questions about schedules not listed below, please contact the facility directly.
• Allen Animal Shelter: Closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
• Allen Community Ice Rink: Closed Dec. 25 and Dec. 30-31.
• Allen Event Center Box Office: Closed Dec. 24-26 and Jan. 1-2. Open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Dec. 23, Dec. 30 and Dec. 31. Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Dec. 27-29 and Jan. 3.
• Allen Public Library: Closed Dec. 23-26 and Jan. 1-2. No materials will be due during this time.
• Allen Senior Recreation Center: Closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
• City of Allen Municipal Complex (including Municipal Court): Closed Dec. 23 and Jan. 2.
• The Courses at Watters Creek: Closed December 25.
• Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium: Closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Opening at 10 a.m. on Dec. 26.
• The Edge Visitor Center: Closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Skate park will be closed on Dec. 25, but open on Dec. 24 and Jan 1. Both the visitor center and skate park will close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 31. The visitor center will be open from noon until 8 p.m., Monday-Friday, from Dec. 19 through Jan. 2.
• Joe Farmer Recreation Center: Closed Dec. 24, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Opening late (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.) on Dec. 26.
Because the Christmas and New Year's Day holidays fall on weekends, there will be no change to the CWD trash and recycling schedule. Learn more about extra holiday trash collection and Christmas tree disposal.