Spring break is right around the corner! Find day camps and other family-friendly activities to keep your kiddos occupied.
- Spend your holiday break learning to ice skate at Allen Community Ice Rink. Participants receive 30 minutes of instruction followed by a 90-minute open skate. Open to ages 3-13. Classes offered Monday or Wednesday from noon until 2 p.m.
- Before heading back to school join Allen Community Ice Rink for the Spring Break Open Skate! Bring a non-perishable food item to donate and receive free skate rental. Details.
- Allen Parks and Recreation offer a variety of camps geared toward children ages 4-15. Options include digital photography, horseback riding, cooking, volleyball, filmmaking and more. Browse the spring break camp selection then register online or at a City of Allen recreation center. Spaces are limited!
- Visit Allen Public Library for a free showing of Akeelah and the Bee. This inspirational film follows an eleven-year-old girl who competes for a spot in the Scripps National Spelling Bee. The film begins at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 7 at the Civic Auditorium.
Arts and crafts
Escape the Room
- Ages 12-18 use puzzle-solving skills to lead the rebellion and overthrow the emperor in Allen Public Library’s escape room, March 10. Parental consent form is required. Details.