Clean out your closets, clear out the garage and get ready for the Great American Cleanup on Saturday April 15.
This massive cleanup event gives Allen utility customers an opportunity to dispose or donate nearly anything. Volunteers will help unload all accepted items at a convenient, curbside drop-off location, including:
- Cardboard (clean and flattened)
- Trash (household trash and bulky items)
- Yard waste (loose brush, tree limbs, branches, yard trimmings)
- Metal (household appliances with Freon removed, grills with propane tanks removed, lawn mowers with fluids removed, metal lawn furniture)
- Electronics (Televisions, computers towers, monitors, laptops, printers, ink cartridges, copy/fax machines, telephones, answering machines, computer accessories. Residents are responsible for removing all data prior to disposal.)
- Household goods (furniture, clothing, shoes, accessories, toys, books and DVDs in good condition; will be donated to Allen Community Outreach)
- Bicycles, tricycles and bike accessories (will be donated to Re-Cycles of McKinney)
- Eyeglasses, eyeglass accessories, cell phones (will be donated to Allen High Noon Lions Club)
- Pet items (dog houses, kennels, carriers, grooming items, unexpired pet food, cleaning supplies, blankets, towels, toys; to be donated to SPCA of Texas)
- Durable medical equipment (walkers, rollators, wheel chairs, shower chairs, tub transfer benches, hospital beds, air mattresses; no oxygen or respiratory tanks accepted)
- Medication (Prescription, non-prescription, over-the-counter and all drugs; sharps. Drop-offs are anonymous.)
- Documents for shredding (Personal documents, binders and clips removed. First come, first served until trucks are full. Limit 5 boxes per household.)
To participate, residents must bring a current City of Allen utility bill and a driver’s license with matching address. No businesses or commercial quantities accepted.
The Great American Cleanup will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Allen City Hall. Some items (including cardboard, yard waste, bulky items, household trash and electronics) will be collected at stations on Butler Drive, just south of Allen City Hall. Residents are encouraged to enter the event from the south by turning on Century Parkway from Butler Drive. Volunteers will help direct traffic.