Stephen Terrell will remain mayor of Allen following the city’s General Election on May 6.
Mayor Terrell received 74.29% of the votes cast. Challenger Naomi R. Emmett received 25.71%.
The race for Councilmember Place No. 2 resulted in a runoff election because no candidate received more than 50% of the vote. The two candidates with the most votes, Carl Clemencich (43.48%) and Tabassum Ahmad (29.58%), will head to a runoff on June 10. The third candidate, Shirley Mangrum, received 26.94%.
The last day to register to vote in the June 10 runoff election is Thursday, May 11. Applications for mail-in ballots may be submitted until May 30 at 5 p.m.
Early voting will begin on Tuesday, May 30 and will follow the schedule below.
- Tuesday, May 30: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 31: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, June 1: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 2: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, June 3: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday, June 5: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 6: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, June 10.
Election results are unofficial until canvassed by the Allen City Council on May 16, 2017 at 3 p.m. City Council will order the June 10 runoff election at this time.