New landscaping and lighting will start popping up in Allen medians starting this spring.
The City will spend over $2 million to spruce up center islands on nine roadways. Four locations will receive a full makeover, including landscape, irrigation and lighting. Those locations include:
- Allen Heights Drive (Bethany Drive to Bolin Road)
- Junction Drive (Watters Road to Raintree Circle)
- Raintree Circle (Watters Road to Exchange Parkway)
- Bossy Boots Drive (Watters Road to Exchange Parkway)
These locations will receive lighting improvements only:
- Montgomery Boulevard (Watters Creek bridge to US 75 southbound frontage road)
- Bethany Drive (two lights at Brett Drive)
- Chaparral Road (Greenville Avenue to Allen Heights)
- Ridgeview Drive (Alma Drive to Old York Lane)
Crews will also install new landscaping in two islands on Country Brook Lane, between Goodman Drive and Turnberry Lane.
Funding was made possible from general obligation bonds, approved by voters in the 2016 bond election, and fees paid by developers. Allen City Council approved the construction contract during the March 27 meeting.