From The Allen Arts Alliance - The Arts Alliance recently awarded grants to Allen non-profit, arts, heritage and cultural organizations to provide support and assistance in 2018 as they deliver creative, entertaining, educational and culturally enriching programs and events to the community.
A total of $42,300 was awarded in grants:
- Allen Civic Ballet - $6,500 to assist in funding production of BRAVO! Program in April
- Allen’s Community Theatre - $10,000 – to assist in funding Summer Youth Theatre Camps
- Allen Heritage Guild - $3,800 – to assist in funding marketing and advertising for special events and exhibits at Allen Heritage Village and Depot Museum, archiving and exhibit materials
- Allen Philharmonic Orchestra - $15,000 – to assist with programming expenses for the 2018 concert season which includes 6 free concerts.
- ALLen Reads - $4,000 – to fund the author visit for 2018 ALLen Reads Book Selection
- Note-Ably North Texas Chorus - $3,000 – to fund education, competitions, workshops and rehearsal space rental.
Programming and events funded by these grants will take place throughout the 2018 calendar year. To learn more about all the programs and events offered in the Allen creative community, sign up for the Allen Arts Alliance's free weekly e-newsletter.