Seven officers were added to the Allen Police Department in a ceremony on Friday, May 4.
Three of the seven new hires are recent police academy graduates. Four others bring nearly 25 years of combined experience to the Allen Police Department.
- Officer Loralei Whittaker pursued a career in sports management before attending the Dallas Police Academy. She was hired in April to work for the Allen Police Department.
- Officer Brandon Hein graduated from Little Elm in 2002. He served in the Air Force for eight years and now belongs to the Texas Air National Guard.
- Officer Kevin Ozols graduated Wylie East High School in 2014 where he was captain of the football team. He is currently a student at University of North Texas obtaining a degree in criminal justice.
- Officer Patrick Sadler served in the United States Army as an infantry soldier for three years, worked at Child Protective Services for 18 months and Dallas Police for nine years.
- Officer Mario Dmytrus comes to Allen from Copperas Cove Police Department and City of Temple Police Department. He served in the U.S. Army as a cavalry scout and deployed twice to Iraq.
- Officer Matthew Bryant was raised in Tuttle, Oklahoma and graduated University of Oklahoma with a bachelor’s degree in criminology and sociology. He served in the Dallas Police Department for 10.5 years.
- Officer Rowdy Spradling has a bachelor degree in criminal justice from the University of Alabama. He worked at the Dallas Police Department Northeast patrol division for three years as a patrol officer.