City of Allen boards, commissions and committees have some new faces this fall. More than 75 of these council-appointed volunteers advise the City Council on a variety of issues from tourism to parks to economic development.
Joining City boards in 2018 are:
- Steve Chisolm - Keep Allen Beautiful Board
- Tabassum “Munia” Ahmad – Keep Allen Beautiful Board
- Maroba Zoeller – Library Board
- Jack Bick – Library Board
- Pamela Ackerman – Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
- LaReeda Rentie – Parks and Recreation Board
Mayor Terrell presented plaques of appreciation to six outgoing board members at the October 9 council meeting. Diane Knaack and Devita Widmer served on the Library Board from 2010 to 2018. Chris Wallace and Elias Shaikh spent three years on the Keep Allen Beautiful Board. Rodrigo Vizcaino ended a six-year term on the Parks and Recreation Board. Sheila Brauning served on the Animal Shelter Advisory Committee from 2014 to 2018.