Customers may request a water bill adjustment for sudden leaks and other unexpected water losses, such as those due to frozen pipes or plumbing fixtures. If approved, this adjustment will reduce the rate charged for unexpected water loss but does not eliminate the charges entirely.
For the City to consider an adjustment:
- Water consumption during the leak period must be significantly above the typical historical water use for the account in question.
- Repairs must already be completed by a State Licensed Irrigator or plumber.
- Customers must formally request the adjustment by completing this form and submitting it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Utility Billing, Allen City Hall, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013. This request should include:
- The address of the leak.
- The approximate date and time that the leak occurred.
- A detailed copy of a repair bill on official letterhead from a State Licensed irrigator or plumber. The bill must include a clear explanation of the situation and what was repaired.
- Photos of the leak and/or repairs (optional).
The City will make approved account adjustments as credits to the customer’s City utility account.