Proposed Project Scope
The proposed project scope includes two entryway features. The project are is located on Hightrail Drive and Jupiter Road. All proposed project scope items have been finalized by Resident Committee and City staff. Read about the project scope below or download a PDF overview.
For project information, contact Senior Planner David Powell by email or call 214.509.4180.
Entryway Feature Repair
Current entryway features are experiencing disrepair throughout each structure at Hightrail Drive and Jupiter Road. General repairs need to be made in order to maintain the integrity of the feature and to enhance its life span. The finalized project scope to enhance these spaces includes:
- Repairing of brick and replace with new mortar
- Applying sealant to cracked areas to maintain structural integrity
- Lightly power washing structures to enhance appearance
Each entryway feature at Hightrail Drive has either faded or missing lettering from its signage. Based on input from the Resident Committee, the City will install new white aluminum lettering with a 1/8-inch steel rustic backplate to enhance each entryway. The City, in coordination with our vendor, will perform the following actions::
- Replacing existing signage and installing new signage at Hightrail entrances
Landscape Removal and Replacement
The integrity of landscape beds dissipated after February's ice storm that destroyed much of the plantings within Cottonwood Bend's beds. Both landscape beds at Hightrail Drive require removal and replacement of new plant options based on recommendations from the Allen Parks and Recreation Department. In partner with the neighborhood and City, the following actions will be performed to enhance landscape spaces in the Hightrail entrance features:
- Remove existing dead plantings
- Mulch and soil beds with updated product
- Install new drought tolerant and low maintenance plant choices based on Parks and Recreation recommendations