Dispose responsibly during Allen Recycles Day! This annual drive-thru, drop-off event allows Allen utility customers one-stop disposal of accepted electronics, shredding, medications and cardboard. The event takes places from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Nov. 6, at 2 Butler Drive. Open the event flyer for a driving directions and a complete list of accepted/not-accepted items.
To participate, you’ll need:
- A current City of Allen utility bill
- A drivers license with a name and address that matches the name/address on your utility bill
- Electronics recycling
- Paper for shredding
- Cardboard boxes
- Medication disposal
Not accepted items
The following items are not accepted at Allen Recycles Day. Instead, schedule a convenient curbside pickup with CWD by calling 972.392.9300 (option 2). For more disposal options, visit CityofAllen.org/Trash.
- Bulk trash and metals
- Loose brush
- Home improvement waste
Directions to the event
- Begin on Bethany Drive, then turn north on Century Parkway. No event entry from McDermott Drive.
- Turn right on Butler Drive. Follow signs and directions from event staff to enter the drop-off zone.
- Stay in your vehicle. Staff will unload all items except medications. Keep medications in your front seat and dispose in the drive-thru drop-off; do not let anyone handle your medications.