From spine-chilling movies to unconventional mysteries, here are 6 ways to make your Halloween “spook-tacular."
- Oct. 23 - Decorate your vehicle and bring your favorite candy to pass out at our Trunk or Treat Drive-in Movie. Registration required.
- Oct. 25 - Get in the spooky spirit with hayrides, crafts, trick-or-treating and more at the Watters Creek Spooktacular Halloween Celebration. Live music included!
- Oct. 25-30 - There’s a mystery to solve in 1960s Las Vegas! Solve a series of logic puzzles and brain games from home during this Library After Dark event. Registration required.
- Oct. 29 - Trick or treat your way around Allen Public Library! Open to ages 3+. No registration required.
- Oct. 29 - There's a mystery to solve in 1960s Las Vegas! Round up your group and solve a series of logic puzzles and brain games during this Library After Dark event. Hosted at Ellen’s Café. Registration required; space is limited.
- Oct. 30 - Put your costume on ice at Allen Community Ice Rink’s Halloween Skate. FREE skate rental if you wear your costume or donate a non-perishable food item
Trick or treating in Allen
The City of Allen does not have a designated night for trick-or-treating, though most neighborhoods pass out candy on Oct. 31. Allen Police and Allen Fire departments remind you to use safe trick-or-treat practices such as bringing flashlights for evening trips, avoiding open flames and dressing for comfort and mobility.