Cottonwood Bend Estates will host a block party in conjunction with the City of Allen’s Community Enhancement Department on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2022, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cottonwood Bend Park, 630 Meadowbrook St.
Continue checking this page for timely updates on all the food and fun available that night! For more information, please contact Barry Cram, Senior Planner, by email or at 214.509.4181.
Details and Sign-Ups:
- Volunteers Needed: The block party committee has been working hard to plan a great party, but they need YOUR help to make it a reality. Please use this SignUpGenius link to volunteer!
The committee is seeking volunteers to pass out door hangers/yard signage, assemble swag bags with materials provided by the City and help with setup and cleanup the night of the party. The neighborhood contact for volunteers is Cottonwood Bend Resident, Bob Cubbage: email@example.com, 972-898-3154.
- Layout and Parking: The draft layout for the block party can be viewed here. The street closure will occur on Mountain Side Dr. as indicated on the map. All other surrounding streets will remain open for on-street parking. Residents are encouraged to walk, bike or carpool to the party, as there will be limited on-street parking in the immediate vicinity.
- Food and Fun:
The block party committee has secured two food trucks that will be on site during the event with items available for purchase. Both trucks accept cash and cards.
- 9th Island Revel Foods: They offer Mexican food with Asian and Hawaiian influences and advertise that they have “Good Food for a Good Price”. See some of their offerings here: https://www.9thislandrevelfoods.com/
- Kona Ice of Allen: As residents of Cottonwood Bend Estates, the owners of Kona Ice are excited to be part of this event. They offer their unique “Flavorwave” that allows patrons to choose as many flavors of shaved ice as desired! Prices range from $4-$7 depending on size. Check out their website for more information: https://www.kona-ice.com/local-site/kona-ice-of-allen/
- If food trucks aren’t your thing, then bring your own picnic and join us for the fun! Please note that alcohol is prohibited in all City parks.
This is a family-friendly event with fun and games for all.
- “Touch-a-Truck” opportunities for kids AND kids at heart featuring City of Allen Fire, Police and Public Works vehicles.
- The City’s “Let’s Party Trailer” will be onsite and loaded with fun and games. Examples include: Cornhole, Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4, Nine-Square, footballs, kickballs, etc. For a glimpse into some of the fun offerings, check out this video.
- The trailer also comes equipped with a generator and speaker system, so get ready for some music and impromptu dance parties!
- The sky’s the limit! Feel free to bring your favorite board game, conversation starters, box of sidewalk chalk or sports equipment to add to the fun.