With a Winter Weather Advisory in effect Wednesday morning through Thursday evening, the City of Allen is preparing for extended freezing temperatures and the potential for rain and sleet which may impact our area beginning Feb. 23.
Closure information and service impacts
This information was last updated at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 23. Visit CityofAllen.org/Closures for all closure details and facility reopening times.
- The City Hall campus (including Municipal Court) will open to the public at 10 a.m. on Thursday. Most recreation facilities and Allen Public Library will open at 12 p.m.
- Trash and recycling collection has been postponed for some customers. Read details
- Early voting for the March 1 Primary Election closed at 2 p.m. on Wednesday and remains closed through Thursday.
Road conditions and pre-treatment
The City of Allen gives priority attention to bridges, intersections and main thoroughfares when preparing for potentially icy conditions. The City does not have the resources to treat all residential/neighborhood streets during snow and ice events.
Don't call 9-1-1 if your power goes out. Instead, report power outages or check for updates using these resources.
- If you are experiencing an outage: Contact your power company to report the outage using the information found on your monthly statement. If you see fallen power lines on a road, alley or sidewalk, call 9-1-1 before contacting the power company.
- ONCOR: Report power outages by texting REG to 66267, downloading the MyOncor App or calling 888.313.4747. You also can visit Oncor’s mobile-friendly outage map at Stormcenter.ONCOR.com.
- CoServ: Report power outages by texting OUT to 855-938-3496. You can get updates on the outage by texting STATUS to the same number. You can also call 844.330.0762 and bookmark CoServ.com/OutageMap for estimated restoration times. Register for SmartHub or download the CoServ App for the latest notifications. Major updates also will be available at CoServ.com.
- GCEC: Report power outages by texting OUT to 855.939.3826. You can get updates on the outage by texting STATUS to the same number. You can also call 903.482.7111, use your registered SmartHub account or download the MyGCEC App for iOS or Google devices. View a power outage map at GCEC.net.
Report water emergencies and prevent frozen pipes
As freezing weather approaches, use these tips to protect your pipes and avoid water leaks. Report leaks right away by calling our 24-hour Water/Sewer Emergency Line at 214.509.4530.
Stay connected for closure, emergency information
CityofAllen.org is the primary source of closure and emergency information for the City of Allen. Citizens can also enroll in Hyper-Reach Emergency Notifications to get rapid alerts about urgent situations with a telephone call, text and/or email message. During emergencies, the primary social media channel used to share information is the City of Allen Facebook page.