OCT. 11, 2022 - City Council awarded a new one-year contract for street and sidewalk repair to KT Contracting Concrete Series, LLC.
This contract allows for continued work on City sidewalk replacements under the residential cost-shared sidewalk program, on-call concrete street repair, concrete placement for the drainage fund, parks trail maintenance and emergency stand-by.
A contingency amount is included in the contract amount so that in case of a disaster the City of Allen can rely on current negotiated rates. The following amounts are based on a typical year:
- $200,000 - Parks and Recreation - Trail Maintenance (Community Development Corporation funds)
- $1,125,000 - Community Services - General Fund, Streets and Sidewalks Maintenance
- Cost-shared residential sidewalk program and other contracted sidewalk repairs - $450,000
- Non-Capital Improvement Program Funded Emergency Concrete Street Repairs - $675,000
- $100,000 - Community Services Drainage Fund - Infrastructure Maintenance
- $275,000 – Contingency
This one-year contract has an estimated total amount of up to $1,700,000 with the option for two one-year renewals. This cost will be funded by the appropriate City fund on a project-by-project basis.