November 7, 2020
must be in line by 12 p.m. to participate in Allen Recycles Day. A City of Allen
vehicle with a lighted sign will enter the back of the line at 12 p.m. to signify
the event is closed.
2 Butler Drive
Allen, TX 75013
Free for all current City of Allen water utility account holders
COVID-19 Event Changes
Allen Recycles Day 2020
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Safely dispose of electronics, paper shredding, and medications ONLY at this annual event. Due to COVID-19 precautions, no other recycling or disposal items will be accepted.
Due to operational changes, only the following items will be accepted:
How to Participate
- Paper for shredding
What to Bring
- Allen Recycles Day will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, November 7. All vehicles must be in line by 12 p.m. to participate in Allen Recycles Day. A City of Allen vehicle with a lighted sign will enter the back of the line at 12 p.m. to signify the event is closed.
- The event will run until 12 p.m. or until the trucks are full.
- To reduce contact with staff, place your latest water bill on your dashboard
- in front of the driver’s steering wheel.
- The driver is required to wear a face covering/mask if the driver will be opening their window or if materials will be retrieved from car seats.
To participate, you’ll need:
- A current City of Allen water bill
- A drivers license with a name and address that matches the name/address on your utility bill
- Accepted items only, listed below
Participants are responsible for removing all data from devices prior to disposal. No “tube” or rear-projection TVs or CRT computer monitors.
- Flat-screen TVs & computer monitors
- Computer towers & accessories
- Laptops & tablets
- Printers & ink cartridges
- Copy/fax machines
- Answering machines
Paper for Shredding
Limit 5 file-sized boxes or kitchen-sized (12-16 gallon) plastic trash bags. Remove all binders and clips before disposal.
Clean, empty, flattened cardboard boxes
Drop-offs are anonymous
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
Directions to Allen Recycles Day
- Make your way to Bethany Drive.
All participants must enter the event from the south by going north on Century Parkway from Bethany Drive. No one will be allowed to enter the event from McDermott Drive.
- Proceed to the drop-off zone
Turn right on Butler Drive to make your way towards the drop-off zone.
- Arrive at the drop-off zone
Follow the entrance signs to access the parking lot on the north side.